Friday, December 20, 2019

My review of Breaking You: A Dark College Bully Romance (A Blackthorn Elite Novel Book 2) J.L. Beck and Cassandra Hallman

Warren Williams was betrayed by Harper Martin 3 years ago and when she shows up at Blackthorn where he is attending school he demands that she leaves. Warren is incredibly cruel to Harper yet wants no one else to touch her.

Harper Martin is attending Blackthorn on a scholarship and is shocked to see Warren again. Yet she is more confused to why he hates her so much. Yet she can't deny that she still has feelings for him and struggles to keep her distance from him, no matter how he treats her.

Can Warren find a way to forgive Harper, his former best friend since they were kids or will his actions and his threats force her to leave Blackthorn and lose everything?

This was such a good book and I really enjoyed it from start to finish! I never wanted to put the book down as I knew good stuff was coming!

I had such a love/hate relationship with Warren. He seemed like such a great guy but I hated how cruel he was to Harper and the more I got to know Harper the more confused I was at how she betrayed him. Yet at the same time that he hated her so much he was also incredibly protective over her and never wanted anyone to touch her or go near her. You could tell how deep his love was for her but his surface was all hatred.

Right from the beginning I loved Harper and I knew that there was no way she would have betrayed Warren as she was sheltered and innocent. She was a loner and I felt horrible at times that she was by herself.

There were a few awesome jaw dropping moments that started to change the course of the book and lead you down different paths. Warren and Harper became more intense and you thought he was beginning to get over the past but then something would happen that would change everything again.

Towards the end my jaw hit the floor at how Warren reacted to something and my heart literally shattered for Harper. I was so upset and then so mad at Warren. I was so happy with Valerie for doing the right thing and then everything made complete sense!

The end was great and I was so happy with how everything went and I can't wait for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment