Wednesday, December 11, 2019

My review of Brooklyn & Beale by Olivia Evans

Reid Ryder is the lead singer of his band and also a recovering addict who hit rock bottom and is trying to find his way back. He has recently gotten back together with his girlfriend, Jess, and he knows he has to do whatever he can to keep her with him. When his violinist breaks her hand right before he is to go on tour he needs to find another one as soon as possible.

Chloe Bennett is a violinist who attended Julliard and is looking for a big break to help her career and future. She is shocked when she auditions for Reid Ryder and even more shocked when she lands the chance to go on tour with him to Europe.

The chemistry between Chloe and Reid is intense but is it for show or is there something deeper? But Reid knows his love is for Jess and the support that she gives him but is he willing to throw it all away for the unknown?

OMG this book was so good from start to end and I have never rooted so hard for a couple to break up before!!

I thought Reid was a good character who had been through a lot in the past and was almost clinging to his past with Jess as a way of keeping himself on the straight and narrow. Jess provided him with the stability that he needed but at the same time he was struggling so much with writing and something had to change. I knew what I wanted him to do but at the same time I was really worried about his mental state and I didn't want him to relapse.

I loved Chloe so much!!! She was such an awesome character and I loved all of her Star Wars references through the book. They had me laughing so much and I think I really need to go back and finish all of the movies! She knew what she wanted but when secrets are revealed it was like a part of her just flipped upside down and then she was struggling between what she wanted and what she could offer which were two completely different things. My heart was breaking for her so many different times but I held out hope for her.

"I've barfed so many unicorns I'm crying rainbow tears". The one liners in this book were so awesome and I loved Indy, Drew and Greer so much and I hope we get more from them as I loved this band so much!

I really understood why Reid was holding onto Jess but they were definitely at different spots in their lives but there was such a  difference in Reid when she was around and it made me sad.

There were so many times my heart was breaking in this book and I admired Chloe for holding it together as much as she could.

The end was awesome and I was so happy for how everything turned out!!

I can't wait for more from this author!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment