Tuesday, August 27, 2019

My review of That Forever Girl by Meghan Quinn

Rogan Knightly and his three brothers, Griffin, Reid and Brig, were cursed 2 1/2 years ago after knocking over a palm reader's table in New Orleans. Griffin has managed to find love after "growing up" and Rogan wonders if he ever will find love again after losing the love of his life 7 years ago.

Harper Sanders vowed to never return to the town she grew up in after being dumped by her fiance, Rogan Knightly. Yet a bad situation has her returning to her dad to get back on her feet and reclaim her life again for herself.

Rogan is shocked to see that Harper has returned and he keeps on making mistakes that humiliate her as he doesn't know how to deal with his own issues. Can Rogan figure out a way to put the past behind him and find the friendship again with Harper that he misses so much?

Can Harper find a way to forgive Rogan for the past as well as herself but in a way that she doesn't lose herself once again?

This was such an amazing book and I am absolutely loving this series so much!!! There are so many emotional moments countered with so many funny moments that have me laughing out loud!

Rogan Knightly is a pure alpha male that holds himself at a distance because of things he has gone through in his past yet at the same time he is an individual that hurts from the loss of Harper and he has bought things that make him feel closer to her.

Harper returned to town hurting and I knew something bad had happened in her last relationship and I had my guesses. She was reluctant to come back and come face to face with the Knightly family as they all meant so much to her in the past and she was worried due to not being with Rogan and how uncomfortable things would get.

I absolutely loved the letters between Ignatius Vale and his mystery girl "Your Forever Girl" and I loved that Rogan was fixing up Snow Vale Manor the way the two had planned it. That showed the sensitive side of Rogan.

I was curious to learn more about the accident that seemed to be the catalyst for the demise of the relationship between Harper and Rogan and I was shocked at what actually happened. I understood the blame that each of them had and it as something that I really was not expecting. It broke my heart for sure and I could understand how it changed everything for Rogan and why he pushed everyone away.

I loved that Harper got a new temporary job with Lovemark and how that made her work closely with Rogan and how it forced the two of them to come to a neutral ground. It made both of them see what they were missing.

I liked the openness that ended up happening between Harper and Rogan and how they gradually came to terms with the past in order to find a way to a future together. 

Absolutely loved this book and can't wait for the next one!! 

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment