Wednesday, August 21, 2019

My review of I Hate You by Ilsa Madden Mills

Charisma Rossi was publicly humiliated when her boyfriend broke up with her at her own party but now she is going to get up the courage to face him and let him know that she is over him. Now if she could only convince her body that she wants nothing to do with him.

Blaze Townsend is a football star at his college but he needs to get attention for the NFL scouts if he is going to make something of himself. But for as much as he is focused on football he also can't get his ex-girlfriend, Charisma off his brain.

When Blaze and Charisma end up in the same class together can they get over their hate enough to call a truce between them?

This is such an amazing book and I enjoyed it from start to finish. It was filled with laughs, attitude, romance and a few tears - a perfect book!

I thought Charisma was an awesome character and I loved the attitude and humor that she had. The humor was also to guard her heart from being broken again as she had a few more curves than many of the girls at college. She had some bad luck when it came to her internship but I hoped she would bounce back and find something better.

I really liked Blaze and the more I got to know him, certain things became so much more clear. Blaze had a very difficult past and never really fit in and it was super sad. Everything fell into place and I wondered how he was going to overcome it all.

The banter between Charisma and Blaze was so good and I especially loved when they were in Dr. Cartwright's class and having to write down their train of thought. 

I absolutely hated Archer and I can't believe everything he did to Blaze out of spite and jealousy. I was so happy to have Blaze get through it all in the end.

The chemistry between Charisma and Blaze was great and I was happy when things started moving in the right direction but I was also really worried about each of their insecurities and how that would play out.

The end was so good and I may have done a little happy dance at the end!! Everything ended as it should have and I loved it!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment