Thursday, August 29, 2019

My review of Interception by Lisa Suzanne

Delaney Lockwood is a teacher but that is a far cry from the dreams she once had before her father was involved in a scandal and their family lost all of their money. In high school Delaney was the prom queen and dating the football star, Chase Camden until he broke her heart and she has spent the last 10 years hoping for another chance.

At her 10 year reunion she is brought face to face with Chase and her feelings are still there. Yet she also discovers that her high school best friend, Gavin Brooks, the lead singer of Beyond Gold, also has feelings for her and has since he was 14 years old.

Can Delaney figure out which of the men she wants to spend her life with and can she decide instantly or will it take her time to make her decision?

Will she make the right decision before she loses both of them?

This was a good book but at times I really wanted Delaney to snap out of it and make the decision that I wanted her to!!! I understood why she needed time to make a decision but right from the beginning I was team Gavin and I was truly rooting for him.

I felt bad for Delaney that she lost everything and had to alter her life plans but then again most of us don't grow up privileged so I did like that twist. She was also humble to a certain extent as she never wanted anyone to take pity on her or have it look like she was taking advantage of them with friendships, for example her bestie Rose.

Right from the beginning you could see that Gavin truly wanted Delaney and his songs showed how long he had wanted her for. I felt like his heart was there for her and he wanted her in his life and he was truly upset when Delaney cut him out of her life after her family lost everything.

I found it odd that all of a sudden Chase wanted Delaney after the reunion when he could have reached out to her at any point. He was happy to show Delaney what he had to offer her and I was so mad that she kept accepting his invites to Denver without a second thought.

I kept crossing my fingers that Delaney would turn down Chase and fully commit to Gavin but it never happened. Then the text at the end from Gavin broke my heart as it was like he was giving up.

The phone call at the very end cemented every thing for me and I am so mad!!!

Delaney better smarten up in the next book!!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment