Wednesday, May 8, 2019

My review of Boyfriend Bargain by Ilsa Madden-Mills

Sugar Ryan has dreams and goals of getting into Vanderbilt for law school but when she receives her rejection she knows she needs another plan. That plan involves convincing the star hockey player to be her "boyfriend" for a meeting she has at Vanderbilt.

Zack Morgan is a hockey star who is being pursued by the Nashville Predators but he is also hiding a secret which he feels could ruin his chance at playing in the NHL. When he sees Sugar he feels like he sees a ghost and he can't stay away no matter how much his brother Reece tells him to.

With both Sugar and Zack needing something from the other can they make a boyfriend bargain? When things begin to get heated between the two will they make it more official but when secrets are revealed will they be strong enough to make it through?

This was such a good book and I never wanted to put it down!!

I really liked Sugar and the more the book went on the more I liked her with everything she had to overcome. I thought the pie scene was great and it is so funny what is printed and how it may not be the truth! It was interesting to see everything with her ex, Bennett, and the similarities and differences between Zack and Bennett, especially with the girls hanging all over them.

Zack was a great character and I loved his vulnerabilities and his panic attacks. It really made Zack more human and not just some hockey star and I really love that authors are really bringing things like anxiety into their characters as so many people can relate. You knew a bit about what happened between Zack and Willow and why Zack blamed himself but you never really know everything until the end of the book. I get why he blamed himself but I was definitely mad at Reece at the end.

Veronica was just pure evil and so jealous of Sugar. I hated the stuff that she caused and it broke my heart that she showed Sugar things that Zack had not been able to up to that point.

The huge blow up as a result of Veronica broke my heart and I hated how both characters began to fall apart in huge ways.

I liked that Zack ended up confessing what was going on but I hated that he lost Sugar as he needed more time. I did understand why he did but I was upset at what it cost him as he had so much going on.   

I liked the end with Sugar's family and how Zack was there for her!

The end was great and I hope we get more with Eric or Reece soon!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment