Monday, May 27, 2019

My review of Written With Regret by Aly Martinez

Hadley Banks was 8 years old when her parents were murdered in front of her in a food court and her life was saved by Caven Hunt. Fourteen years later she finds herself pregnant with Caven's child after a one night stand but she knows she is unable to care for their daughter, Keira, so she leaves her on his door step.

Caven Hunt is shocked to learn he is a father but vows to do the best he can to raise his daughter whom he names Rosalee. He vows to be the best father he can but is shocked when Hadley comes back four years later wanting to get to know Rosalee.

Will Caven allow Hadley a chance to be in their daughter's life or is he worried that she will run again of things get tough?

What happens when someone discovers the secret that Hadley is hiding?

So this book is good on so many different levels and every time you think you have a handle on something a little nudge is given and you are wondering what is going to happen next and if Caven is going to discover what Hadley is hiding.

Hadley went through so much stuff as a child that I truly understood why she went looking for Caven after he saved her life and she had formed her own attachment to him. I was surprised that she gave him the baby so fast but I gave her credit for knowing she wasn't at the right place to be able to handle a baby.

Caven sounded like a bit of a womanizer at the beginning but he had been through so much as well having lived through the same thing that Hadley did although his was deeper and I was definitely shocked!! I loved how once he got confirmation that Rosalee was his that he was an amazing father who gave the girl so much love and did whatever he could for her to raise her well.

I wasn't surprised that Hadley came back but I was shocked at when she made her presence known and how she pulled it off. I was a little disappointed in her for that but I knew she was desperate for a chance to meet her daughter now that she had her stuff together. I did admire her for knowing that Rosalee was better off with Caven but she just needed a chance to get to know her.

Caven was a great character who had a huge heart and was so much more trusting than he should have been but I give him a lot of credit for awarding second chances to Hadley although I am not sure what will happen now. I liked that Ian kept questioning what was going on and he did it from a really good place as he was worried about Caven getting burned again.

There was a lot of chemistry between Hadley and Caven and I was really hoping things were going to work out but when Caven's brother, Trent drops the huge bomb at the end I was completely shocked and blown away!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment