Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sweet Potato Bar

So in Canada we have Sweet Potatoes and Yams. You'd think I'd realize by now that in an American recipe that a Sweet Potato is actually a yam but I missed the boat on this one.

That being said this recipe was not as good as I had hoped it would be as the kids would have been more receptive to the yam. Also, I under-cooked them for sure as they were still too hard for the kids and I.

I loved the idea of these though and I will definitely be trying again with a yam instead of the sweet potato. On top of the potato we used chicken, Laughing cow cheese (which the kids didn't care for), cucumber, onions, salsa and lettuce. I will definitely make these again but I think I would use sour cream for the kids instead of the laughing cow.




No comments:

Post a Comment