Sunday, April 16, 2017

Blackened Chicken with Mangoes and Black Beans

I love mangoes but the kids aren't as keen on them as me. That being said this recipe totally intrigued me and I knew that it was going to be a hit or complete miss with the kids. I found this one in my trim healthy mama cookbook so it's another healthy one!

I messed up a little with the mangoes and blending them as I think I turned them into pulp instead of just turning them into small chunks.

I found that the chicken cooked up great but the kids were not impressed at all with the mangoes and black bean mixture which disappointed me but I found that the taste didn't come through as much as I had hoped it would.

The kids tried a few bites of the sauce and left it but did eat the chicken!




No comments:

Post a Comment