Monday, April 3, 2017

Library Finds - Bleeding Hearts by Alyxandra Harvey

I have always been a huge reader since I was a young girl. One summer when I was in elementary school I actually won an award from the local library for reading 54 books in one summer. It has been an escape for me for so many years.

I was so excited when I got my first Kobo and could get books out electronically from the library and could read so many different books. I would go on goodreads and get recommendations and then find out of they were available on line. But then my library changed their system and I wasn't able to get most of the series I was reading on-line. So frustrated but luckily at that time I began reading and reviewing for many indie authors and kept myself extremely busy with those books.

But lately part of me began missing some of the mainstream authors and I began to take books out at the library again. I have limited myself to only a few out at a time as I am so busy with reviewing but I'm finding happiness picking up these books again.

One series I began in 2014 was The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey. She is a young adult author of a paranormal series involving vampires. The first one is called My Love Lies Bleeding and I was hooked! I am a huge YA fan and that is one thing that I definitely don't get enough of with indie authors.

The one I just finished was called Bleeding Hearts and it is book 4 in the series. I read book 3 two years ago so it took me a couple of chapters to remember everything and who everyone was but right away the book puts you back in the middle of the action between the Drake family and their enemies.

I like that there is some romance but at the same time the book doesn't have any hardcore sex scenes which makes me happy with a young adult book. The characters in the book all have flaws and trouble fitting in which can show many readers that they are not alone in their struggles.

This is such a great series and as soon as I dropped this one off at the library I picked up the next one as the book ended in a cliff hanger and I know things are about to get crazy and I can't wait!!

I highly recommend this series!!


No comments:

Post a Comment