Tuesday, July 3, 2018

My review of Tossing It by Rachel Robinson

Malena Winterset does her best to take care of her mother who suffers from dementia. She works as a party planner and also at the General Store/diner to make ends meet. She is divorced from her high school sweetheart as he wanted kids and she wasn't able to have any. 

Leif Anderson is a SEAL and is training in Bronze Bay when he meets Malena. Leif knows he has a dangerous job and therefore invokes a set of "rules" for dating when it comes to Malena.

As Malena and Leif grow closer rules tend to get broken but will they survive Leif's upcoming deployment for a year? When Malena discovers something about herself she seeks closure from Dylan but will she get what she is after or will everything unknowingly blow up in Malena's face?

Can Malena make everything right again before it's too late?

This was such a great book with a few twists and turns to make you wonder what was going to happen next.

I thought Malena was such a great character and I loved that she was so dedicated to her mom and wanted to do her best as she couldn't afford one of the best homes to keep her in. I felt so bad for the incident when she forgot to set the alarm and her mom got out. I thought Malena was lots of fun but also responsible and I wasn't surprised what happened to her and I definitely did not fault her on it.

Leif was such an awesome alpha male but I must admit that his rules were a little intimidating and I can see why Malena was afraid to let him know what was going on. I thought it was so amazing that he was paying for Malena's mom and I thought it was almost contradictory to his rules.

I was so mad at Leif's sister, Eva, for interfering and causing so many problems. She was the reason everything went sideways and she has a lot to make up for. I was grateful for his other sister Celia who at least listened to Malena and learned the truth about everything.

The end was awesome and this was a great story and I'd love to see these characters again!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment