Wednesday, July 25, 2018

My review of False Perceptions by Michelle Heard

Emilie Swanson's life turned upside down when she discovered her ex-Robert cheating on her with her best friend Marie-Jane. Yet that didn't compare to the disappointment of her father blaming her for it as it reflects badly on his campaign to become President based on family values. When she is kidnapped because of her father she is rescued by a team of Navy SEALS and she finally decides to live life for herself.

Hayden Cole is a Navy SEAL that helped rescue Emilie but something never sat right with him about that rescue. When his next mission goes completely sideways he needs to reflect about his own career path and where he wants to be. His boss asks him for one small favor and that is to watch over Emilie until the campaign is over.

Will Emilie remember Hayden and together will they be able to piece together the past and her kidnapping to discover who was behind it? Will Hayden be able to keep the relationship professional or will Emilie have a chance with her "hero"?

This was such a good book and I loved how it linked in the author's previous series in with it, yet it can be read as a stand-alone as well.

My heart broke for Emilie for what she went through being kidnapped and then I loved how she put herself first and left town to get away from it all. I was so mad at her dad for being such a jerk through everything and not being supportive of her.

I loved Hayden and I felt so bad for him with the loss he went through and I understood why he needed a change of pace. I found it interesting that he waited until Emilie figured everything out but I understood why and I liked how everything fell into place.

I was shocked at what Hayden pieced together and I was so mad at Emilie for trying to handle things on her own! I loved the twist that this brought and the ending was explosive for sure!

The ending was awesome and I can't wait for more from this author!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment