Friday, September 15, 2017

My review of Everett by Casey Peeler

Everett Drake has just returned to his hometown of Ridge after recieving an honorable discharge from the Navy. He gets a job for Bell Distribution but has his eyes on Barger's, a local bar that he would love to own but the owner would never sell to one of the "Drake" boys.

Stella is moving to Ridge after her cousin sells her his bar when he is ready to leave town. She is tough and is ready to make sure no one takes advantage of her.

Both Stella and Everett have an immediate attraction to the other but Everett's family has a reputation and Stella has to make the decision of what she wants by herself. Will she give Everett a chance or follow what everyone else says?

This was a great quick read which was fun with some serious moments thrown in.

I liked Everett and I think they almost need a prequel to talk about all the trouble that the Drake brothers got in as all the Drake brothers seem so respectable now. I liked Everett right from the beginning with his somewhat "cocky" attitude but fun and protective. He was willing to start at any job just to get his life in Ridge back together and I really liked that.

I loved that Stella was strong and was not about to back down but there was something with Everett that she saw beneath all the crap that everyone talked about. She was extremely attracted to him and knew he was more than what he heard.

The chemistry between the two was so hot!! I loved how they just came together. The first twist I was expecting but not the second at all!!

I am really looking forward to more of these brothers!!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment