Saturday, September 9, 2017

My review of Dead of Night by James Agee Jr.

Christoph Vasile's family owns a funeral home in Fredericton, Virginia which is perfect for the family of vampires. They do what they can to stay under the radar and sometimes get assistance with bodies from their friend Vlad.

Talia Braxton's grandpa has just died and had his funeral at Vasile's Funeral Home. She meets Christoph and is intrigued by him and wants to get to know him better.

But for Talia and Christoph danger lurks as someone else is interested in Talia and will do whatever it takes to make her his or not allow her to be with anyone else. Can Christoph keep Talia safe?

This was a super interesting book and I loved seeing the two different worlds come together. I kind of had a feeling how everything would turn out and I wasn't disappointed.

I liked how Christoph's family tried to live almost in the shadows of Frederickton but at the same time in the open. They worked hard and tried not to stand out while still maintaining what they needed to survive.

Christoph was attracted to Talia but was unsure of what was going to happen as she was a human yet he wanted to keep her safe. I liked Talia's grandma and how she knew what she wanted even if it was not Talia wanted.

The twist with Errol was interesting and I definitely was not expecting the one person to betray Christoph. I am super curious about how the story ends with New Orleans and it seems like something spooky is going on there!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment