Sunday, September 4, 2022

Philly Cheesesteak Sliders

 This was a recipe that looked easy enough to make and I was super excited to have it so I scheduled it in there.

Now I order most of my groceries on line and we don't always have the products I need so I knew that this one would unfortunately have some substitutions.

They did not have the Hawaiian Slider Buns at my grocery store so I ordered white buns which they were unfortunately out of so I ended up with Whole Wheat. I believe that this made a huge difference as white and Hawaiian Buns are much softer so we ended up with a harder and chewy sandwich.

The second thing was that my store did not carry shaved steak so I ended up getting a pre-packaged Philly Cheesesteak meat which was already marinated. I think that this also changed up things as it was much more "mushy" than what the recipe called for.

I did get the cheese whiz and was on my way. That being said I don't think my daughter put enough on as it wasn't as runny as what I would have preferred.

I think these were still good and had I had everything that the recipe called for it would have been incredible!

You can find the recipe here: https://www.mybakingaddiction.com/philly-cheesesteak-sliders/



No comments:

Post a Comment