Friday, March 2, 2018

My review of Vanquished by Leteisha Newton

Caesar St.Clair is 28 years old and works with Sean. When he is double crossed by Trace owing him his money, Trace promises Caesar his sister, Ashlyn.

Ashlyn Myers is 22 years old and engaged to college football star Matthew Hughes. She knows marrying Matthew will help her escape her troubled past and save her best friend Tamara.

But when Ashlyn finds herself taken by Caesar she finds her whole world turned upside down and a prisoner once again. Can Ashlyn find her way out of the darkness before she loses herself completely?

This is a dark book and will not be enjoyed by everyone as it could be a trigger for some people.

So Caesar was just pure evil from start to end and I had a hard time relating to him. I was so mad at him for grabbing Ashlyn and punishing her for what her brother owed. Caesar was just as cruel as Jason and Trace were and I was frustrated that he treated Ashlyn almost the same way.

I liked Ashlyn and felt awful for her with what she went through in the past and I could understand why she needed to do whatever it took to get away from her former life. I was shocked at how she was treated by Caesar and I could understand why she wanted to escape.

There were a few twists and turns in the book that left me wondering what was going to happen next. I was shocked at what happened with Gleason and then Sean and what Caesar did in return.

I was so mad at Ashlyn at the end as I felt like she didn't give herself a chance!!

3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment