Friday, August 18, 2017

My review of Thousands by Pepper Winters

Elder Prest thinks he is doing the right thing by letting Pimlico decide what she wants but soon he realizes that he wants her with him even though he is so conflicted in how he feels about her.

Pimlico, aka Tasmin Blythe, believes she can survive on her own but soon finds herself in way over her head and in danger. She realizes how much she cares about Elder and how much he has truly done for her and is afraid that she has lost him for good.

As Elder and Pim are brought back together they realize how much they want each other but a wall remains between them. A wall brought on by the guilt that Elder has towards the loss of his family and for hurting Pim in the past.

Can Elder and Pim bring down the wall between them or will they realize their love for each other when it's too late?

This book and series continues to make me swear and leave me in an OMG ending which makes me beg for the next story to come out!!

I absolutely loved the character development in this story in regards to the relationship between Pim and Elder and how they were dealing with their own stories and pasts. This was a heavy book but at the same time still had some of the grittiness of previous books.

Pim went through so much emotionally in this book when she realized everything that had happened with her mom. She also knew that her relationship with Elder had progressed but that he was still afraid to take it farther as he did not want to hurt her. She had to show him how much strength she had and that she could take what he was able to give her. I love her growth through this series and I am so excited to see where it goes.

I loved the growth of Elder in this book as well as he really came to realize how much he cared about Pim but he was scared of not being able to hold back and therefore kept his distance. He was truly at war within himself due to the guilt he lived with on a regular basis. I loved the story of the "ticket" and how he vowed to repay the man which just showed the integrity of Elder. Yes what he did was wrong to begin with but it was something he had a hard time with.

The ending just absolutely killed me and I dropped a lot of curse words! I am so curious on how everything ends and I hate having to wait for the next one!

This is such an incredible series and I love it!!

5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment