Saturday, May 13, 2017

My review of The Enchanter of Kristy Centeno

Leah Parker lives with her friend Vanessa and her husband Carlos since leaving her mother's house. Lately she has been having nightmares and dizzy spells that she can't control. When she is assigned to be partners with Brandon Morris at school she knows her luck can't get any worse, but soon she discovers how wrong she really is.

Brandon Morris has gone to school with Leah since kindergarten and has always felt something for her but in high school he disappeared for a year and then returned looking more handsome and buff than when he left. But he still remains a mystery and stays away from most people.

As Brandon and Leah begin to work together on their project they begin to get closer and soon Leah begins to open up to Brandon about what has been going on in her life. Soon she finds herself faced with things that can not explained and must decide if she can trust Brandon and if something is out there wants her.

I really enjoyed this book and it left me really wanting the next book in the series.

I liked Leah with both her innocence and what she has had to endure in her life before hand with her mother and father. The reader knows something is going on with Leah with her headaches and dizziness but we aren't sure why it's happening. Yet soon we discover that something out there wants to hurt Leah but we are never sure what is going to happen or what we will discover.

Brandon knew things so I wasn't sure what his role was going to be and what his link was going to be to what was going on with Leah. I loved what we learned about what Brandon did in regards to Dmitri and it was awesome. I loved Brandon's other "talents" and how he used them.

I must admit that I was mad at the issues between Brandon and Leah and was very frustrated at the end with what we learned about the Giver of Life. I am eagerly waiting for the next book in the series!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment