Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My review of Sullivan's Secret by Robin Murphy

Marie Bartek is a veterinarian who can encounter spirits. She hasn't seen in any in years when they all of a sudden start visiting her again. With the help of her best friend, Gale Winters, they form SIPS - Sullivan's Island Paranormal Society with other people with abilities.

 Although people in town have doubts, including Marie's love interest Police Chief Cory Miller, they are getting clues and finding out things that haven't even happened yet. And soon it begins to get personal for Marie and will she be able to be saved in time?

I liked the book but at times I found myself drifting a little. I think it's due to the author wanting you to learn so much information about everyone as it is the first book in the series. I enjoyed Marie and Gail and the friendship between the two. They both had good lives and it didn't seem that their relationship with "spirits" was fake, which made the book good and believable.

I did figure out who the killer was ahead of time but not all the reasons why and I really enjoyed discovering that as it did take me by surprise!

I am definitely looking forward to reading the next book in the series as I think it does have great possibilities.

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment