Friday, May 4, 2018

My review of Riding Blind by J.L. Sheppard

Bryce "Ripper" Knight is a member of Hell Ryder's MC who fell in love with Emily but then she disappeared. Five years later when her cousin Chip , the President of Chained MC, is shot, Ripper must get Emily from where she has been living but he receives the biggest surprise when he goes to get her.

Emily has been in hiding for the past 5 years trying to live a life independent of any MC. When Ripper finds her, she expects  him to be angry but she really has no clue at how deep his hurt and anger goes. She knows she must follow Ripper back if she wants to remain with Bree.

Tensions are high between Ripper and Emily but will they ever discuss the past and what went wrong and why Emily left?

With Emily's life still in danger due to her relationship with Chip will Ripper be able to protect her?

This was a great book about trying to overcome the past and heartbreaks.

I liked Bryce but at the same time I was mad at him so much for how he treated Emily. I know he had good reasons for being upset with her because she had been gone for 5 years but he really treated her so bad. He was amazing with Bree and I was glad that he was making up for lost time with her. He spoiled Bree and loved her so much.

I also really liked Emily and one thing I really loved was that it was so refreshing to see how well she talked about Ripper to Bree. Bree immediately loved him which shows how much of an excellent mother Emily was. I knew that there had to be a good reason on why she left and when it is finally revealed everything made sense but in hindsight she regretted not talking to Ripper.

I was curious to see what was going to happen with Emily's relationship to Chip and how that was going to play out. I was shocked at the where the first event took place and then even more shocked at what happened after that.

The ending was awesome and I look forward to more in the series!

4 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review, Rebecca. I'm glad you enjoyed Riding Blind. :)

    ReplyDelete