Sunday, February 19, 2017

Macaroni & Cheese!!

So one of my favorite foods has to be macaroni & cheese! I have loved it since a child and it was probaly the meal I loved the most when I would go to my grandma's house. As a mom for some reason I got away from making it from scratch and I knew that I had to try the one in Jasinda's book.

So this one uses cream cheese and is very high in fat so it's not something I would have very often but it was still very delicious. Both of the kids loved it and my son had seconds right away.

Now because I used Dreamfields pasta to cook the macaroni I wasn't able to reheat it after. I think if I were to make it again I would use a gluten free pasta so I could really enjoy the leftovers. Don't get me wrong though - I did eat the leftovers cold!

As I mentioned above the recipe calls for cream cheese and I think I would have tried to melt the cream cheese ahead of time with the butter so that there were not "small cubes" of cream cheese within the pasta. There was no direction on what to do with the cream cheese so I just added it in but then it didn't mix as well.

So delicious and can't wait to make it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment