Sunday, February 12, 2017

Getting back on track

So at the start of the year I decided that it was time to get back to eating healthy and I decided to bring the kids along this time for cutting out sugar and refined carbs.

Again we used Jasinda Wilder's book Big Girls Do It Running and gradually have been cutting out sugars and crap. For the kids they stocked up on eating sugars as much as they could in the evening as I was cutting it out through the day. I know for sure my son has cheated when he was home by himself but for the most part I am extremely proud of how well they have been doing.

My picky daughter has been doing extremely well which blows me away. Although she is under weight I want her to learn that sugar doesn't need to be in everything so she has been great at following the diet. Today at school she admitted that she had a sour key from her teacher and I told her that was fine as she's really doing well. She has begun to eat salads and I am so happy at how willing she is to try everything that I am cooking!

But one of the key components of Jasinda's program is the exercise part which I must admit that we have not been doing outside of the kids sports. But in all of our defenses we have definitely had the weather working against us. The weather here in the Lower Mainland has been snow. White stuff has been all over the sidewalks and turned to ice and it has been absolutely treacherous to walk.

So I am looking forward to the snow stopping soon and getting back to walking as I really want to go in my first 5K race with the kids this year. I know I can do it and we can push each other to get it done.

So for cooking I have been using the recipes in Jasinda's book and I have also bought the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook. I can't wait to bring you the recipes that I have just begun using and letting you know how the kids are doing with them.

Looking forward to sharing some recipes with you and hopefully find some great ones that were successful for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment