Sunday, March 28, 2021

My review of British Big-Shot by J.H. Croix

 Anna Lennon manages and owns a winery that was passed down to her by her grandma but her grandma also had an investor from England that helped her stay out of debt.

Jasper West had no idea that his grandfather had lent money to someone in California for a winery but he is shocker when his grandfather's will states he must live at the winery for a month before proceeding to sell.

Jasper knows he wants to sell but can Anna convince him that it's a good investment before the month is up? 

This was such a great book with so many laughs with some serious moments thrown in to keep our heart in check.

I loved Anna and totally understood why she needed and wanted the farm. She had begun to turn things around after her grandma really did some damage financially. Yet Anna also knew that she needed some extra income to make sure that she could afford all of the changes that she wanted to make. 

Jasper really began the book as a British jerk but that being said he really had no idea what the winery was about and was shocked at the stipulations set out in his grandfather's will. He believed that there was some sort of special link between their grandparents in order for his grandpa to lend Anna's grandma money but he really had no idea what it was.

I loved the immediate chemistry between Jasper and Anna but there was still so much at stake for both of them and both wanted to guard their hearts. I liked that things started off slow in a certain sense yet both also gave in to how they felt a little too.

One part that devastated me was that Anna was worried about the stitches because of medical and I forget that living in Canada we take things like that for granted. I liked how Jasper wanted to make changes to the business after this and I loved how that altered Jasper's plans but I still knew he was going.

I kinda knew what was coming and it made me sad but I liked how Anna added to her collection of animals! I seriously loved her animals and how they definitely made some parts of the book so much better and gave me so many laughs!

It made me really sad at how the distance affected both Jasper and Anna and I got a realization on how stubborn the two of them were!! I was so happy when Chance made a certain decision and how that was the right move for sure!

I was shocked at how Anna grew up and how her parents were!! 

The end made me super happy and I loved these characters and want them in another story!! 

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment