Sunday, March 28, 2021

EAST COAST DONAIR

 I was planning on making donair's one night as I had a spice package from epicure that I had planned on using. Yet the closer we got to the night I wanted to have them the package somehiw disappeared and I was left with ingredients and no spices so I decided to make this one.

Now the first night I planned it make this I ended up having to cancel as the cook time is 3 hours and I wasn't ready for that. The second night I had everything mixed up and was getting ready to put it in the pan when my daughter hit the bowl and everything landed on the ground. The third time we were successful and got everything into the oven!

The only spice I didn't use was onion salt as I didn't have it and when I went to the store they were all super hard. 

We also didn't make the sauce as I used a garlic aioli instead which we had made before and was awesome. 

I did find that the meat was a little dry and I think I had it in the oven a little too long. The meat was full of flavour and if you don't like spice then definitely cut down the amount of red pepper. 

You can find the recipe here: https://noshingwiththenolands.com/east-coast-donair/

We used an epicure sauce which can be found here: https://epicure.com/en-ca/recipe/3748?fbclid=IwAR3QkJQhdDrSTYwMwZZBzXdsW3r_jxm_5UvL5z2r1rlnRpnSUBaX27np2Kg





No comments:

Post a Comment