Thursday, December 17, 2020

My review of Play You by Tracy Lorraine

 Dawson Ramsey is 34 years old and has never recovered the betrayal of his first love but now his focus is on his 16 year old daughter, Emmie, who has come to live with him. He is a tattoo artist but comes from an MC family, The Royal Reapers, but chose to walk away and live the life he wanted to.

Piper Collins has been on the run and thought dead ever since her parents were killed by the Royal Reapers under direction from their president, Charles Ramsey. Now she has a job at a private school and is shocked when Dawson walks in with Emmie.

All Dawson has on his mind is revenge but will Piper trust him enough for him to play out his plan? Will Dawson discover everything behind Piper's actions from her past mistake and realize that some bonds never break?

This book was incredibly awesome and I loved it from start to end! I loved the characters and some of the twists and turns that left my heart wide open.

I really had mixed feelings about Dawson as part of me loved him but knowing what he hand in mind for Piper part of me also hated him. I loved that I was so torn with him and was fighting myself on whether I should be cheering him on or not. I loved that he took Emmie in as he knew she was in a bad place with her mom but I wish he had done it sooner for her sake.

Piper I just loved right from the start and I knew that there had to be a really good reason for what she did in the past and I do think she had a good reason. Yet I wish she was a little more open with Dawson in the past but I also knew how much fear she had of both of their families. I loved her friendship with Lisa yet until Dawson came around it was obvious how little Piper let people in. 

There was so much chemistry from the first moment that Piper and Dawson saw each other again but there was apprehension on both sides due to their past and the fact that Dawson thought Piper was dead. Piper was afraid to be around Dawson as she didn't know how close he was to his family and knew that they would still want revenge on her. 

I loved watching Piper and Dawson getting close again and how everyone around them could tell that they both really loved each other. I was so happy that Emmie truly cared for Piper and knew how good she was for her dad. 

I had a feeling that Piper's past would catch up with her and I was so heartbroken with the events that occurred. I was very happy when Dawson showed up but I really wondered if this would be the end of everything. I was very impressed with the threat that both Dawson's mom and Emmie gave Piper but then everything got completely flipped upside down which left me heartbroken for Piper. I knew where Dawson was coming from but the way he handled everything was awful and my heart also broke for Emmie.

I knew it was going to take a huge gesture and I loved it!!! 

The end made me so happy and I truly loved these characters and I don't want this series to ever end!!!  

5 Stars    

No comments:

Post a Comment