Tuesday, February 18, 2020

My review of My Bestie's Ex by Piper Rayne

Blanca Mancini is ready for a change and when her childhood best friend, Sierra Sanders, offers her a new start living in Clifton Heights she jumps on the chance. Now she has a new job and is happy with the stranger that she met on the train one night coming back from the city.

But how was Bianca to know that this man who charmed her and made her laugh was actually the evil ex of her best friend Sierra?

Now Sierra must decide where her loyalties lay - with her best friend or with herself!

This is another awesome book from Piper Rayne and I love resding these books so much!! There is so much laughter in them but also there is a more sensitive side that can tackle difficult subjects.

Bianca is awesome which we knew was coming because of how great her brothers are. I loved that she was always hitting everyone just because that was what she was used to doing with her brothers. Bianca was loyal to her friends and before everything fell apart I loved that she was loyal to both Sierra and Ethan.

Ethan Ryland was a great character who was running from his past and ashamed of it so much that he closed himself off to that side of him and never let anyone get close to him. I did understand that as sometimes although you love your family it's hard to forgive them for past mistakes that in turn hurt you.

I loved the attraction between Ethan and Bianca from the moment they met on the train and then when they discovered that they would actually be working together. I knew why Ethan was hesitant to get involved with anyone he worked with but he was so hot and cold with Bianca and he was super lucky that she was quite easy going.

You knew that something was going to happen for the pieces to fall together and a huge blow up was coming. When Ethan realized everything right before everyone else he was just in shock and knew it wasn't going to be good. I kind of felt bad for Dylan as he had been so close to putting it all together but hadn't yet. Since no names were ever mentioned I couldn't fault Bianca at all and I felt horrible for her.

The family lunch was awesome and i was glad that Ethan got some good solid advice from Bianca's brothers. The events after were so sad and I know having grandparents with Alzheimer's how difficult these events can be. At that moment I felt so bad for Ethan as he felt like he had lost more of his father and also Bianca.

I was super proud of Ethan for his conversation with Sierra and everyone figuring everything out so that they could all be happy and have no animosity over their heads!! 

The end was awesome and I loved getting a look at what's coming next!!   

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment