Tuesday, December 26, 2017

My review of Carnival by Jane Harvey-Berrick

Zef Colton is 32 years old and is part of Donohue's Daredevils stunt motorcycle group. He has not had an easy past but has cleaned up his act and wants to stay sober and out of trouble. When a young woman stows away in the back of the rig he is driving he has no idea how much she is going to change his life.

Sara Weiss is on the run. She is 18 and pregnant and wants to get as far away as possible from her hometown. She won't speak about her past yet forges a safety bond with Zef and several others that make her feel like family and make her feel safe.

But soon both Zef and Sara's pasts come back and will they have the strength to fight for themselves or will they succumb to the pressure?

This is the first book I have read in this series and now I really want to go back and start from the beginning to get to know everyone better!

I really liked Zef and understood his demons but how hard he also worked to get his brother a good life. He got mixed up with the wrong people and paid a price but he tried to straighten out. He still remained very guarded and it took awhile for him to let Sara in.

Sara was definitely on the run from something and I was definitely shocked when we learn what happened in her past. I was not expecting that! Yet she wanted to move on and be safe and she felt that with Zef, even when he would push her away.

I liked the gradual romance of Sara and Zef and how it wasn't instant. They both had things to overcome and I liked watching everything fall into place. He was the guy that she deserved!

The ending definitely had me worried but I crossed my fingers that everything would work out the way it was supposed to!

Great book!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment