Monday, November 7, 2016

My review of Idolize by Maggie Mundy


Cassi Yarwood is on the run from her past. She will do anything to keep her privacy and to protect Tommy. When Cassi rescues Declan Reed while out hiking she has no idea what is in store for her.

Declan Reed is used to getting any woman he wants but when he meets Cassi he knows he can't move on from her. He will do anything to convince her to be with him and there's nothing he won't do to protect her.

Yet some demons are hard to overcome and when a situation sets Cassi back will she come out on top or will she let go of those around her?

For me this book would be a 3.5 Star as there were parts of it I really liked and other parts I had small issues with. I liked Cassi and that she was working super hard with Sasha to get their future going and I completely understood why she wanted to remain in the shadows.

Declan was an absolutely amazing guy and the length he went to make sure Cassi, Tommy and Sasha were happy was great! He truly cared and would do anything to protect them all. Yet he couldn't force Cassi to be with him no matter what he did.

I found the part with Steve resolved almost too fast. From there on I was having trouble (as a mom) of how long Cassi ended up being separated from Tommy. I understood the circumstances but still found it hard to believe. I know how much she needed to get better for him but I was surprised she didn't bring him with her for the second trip as I could never be away that long.

Overall a good book and I look forward to the next one.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment