Monday, August 31, 2020

My review of Grave by Shantel Tessier

 Kyle "Grave" Reed is part of the Kings and is the one with an addiction problem who lives life on the fast side. When he goes into a flower shop unexpectedly he is attracted to the girl that works there and knows he should stay away from her but there is something about her that he can't stay away from. 

April runs "Roses", a flower shop that is all she has left of her mother. She does her best to keep her younger brother, Ethan, in check but lately she knows he is mixed up with the wrong crowd. She is immediately attracted to Grave when she sees him and knows how powerful he is.

When April gets caught in the middle of Ethan's troubles will Grave help them out? When Grave's ex-girlfriend, Lucy, comes back in the picture will April trust Grave or will his past come back to haunt him?

This is another awesome book in the series and one that deals with some pretty heavy subject matters.

Grave seemed to have almost a death wish, even in the first book, and you could tell he could go either way in life. He knew he had responsibilities but also struggled with so much that he lashed out and constantly found himself in trouble.  Yet there was another side of Grave that you saw the moment he met April and you could tell that she was going to be good for him as long as he fought to clean himself up.

I loved April and the determination she had in continuing her mom's store although she had no clue about the trouble that Ethan had gotten himself into. My heart broke so bad when April got hurt because of it and everything that was damaged. I loved her friendship with Jasmine and then Emilee and Haven as the girls had so much fun together.

There was so much chemistry between April and Grave but there was also a "ghost" present as until Grave got himself clean there wasn't much of a chance of a real future. Grave had to be prepared to fight for himself and the realization that April deserved more. 

Grave's relationship with Lucy was dangerous in that the two of them had two different views of what their relationship really was and I understood why Lucy wasn't about to let Grave go so easily. I didn't agree with what Lucy did but it broke me with what Lucy ultimately chose. I was somewhat happier with what Grave discovered but I was still sad.

I hated how Grave dealt with everything and how he treated April. I was proud of April for being determined to do what she thought was best and how she was ready to move on. I was so proud of Grave for doing the right thing with Titan's help!

The end made me so happy and I can't wait for the next book!! 

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment