Thursday, August 20, 2020

My review of Fierce by Tracy Lorraine

Chelsea Fierce is a foster child to Derek and Honey who have always been there for her since they took her in but she can’t help but feel like she continually lets them down. When Chelsea comes back from time away they are ready to giver her a little independence and show her how much they truly care about her.

In the past Chelsea has made a lot of mistakes and a lot of enemies and she is reluctant to return to school but knows she has a couple of friends still at the school, such as Ethan.

When Chelsea realizes how much hurt she caused the one boy she truly cared for, Shane Dunn, she hopes to salvage anything but soon it’s clear he won’t forgive her.

Can Chelsea find a new place in school or will new mistakes cost her everything?

This was such an amazing book and it was one that I was looking forward to as in past books I really hated Chelsea and I knew that in this book I would grow to love her.

Chelsea had been through so much and that was one thing that had never been touched upon in previous books. She was so vulnerable and I think I knew that she had to be hurting pretty bad to do some of the things that she had in the past. This book really shows her weaknesses and makes you feel along side her and really want things to finally go her way.

Shane Dunn was a football player who had been close with Chelsea until a prank that she pulled had him blamed for things that he wasn’t involved in. You could tell that he still cared about Chelsea but that he was also not willing to forgive her or show that he cared as that could result in him losing some popularity in school. He did some really hurtful things in this book and I was frustrated with him several times!

I loved that Chelsea was super close to Luca, Shane’s older brother, and she was able to talk to him whenever she really needed someone and that he was always there for her.

There were quite a few OMG moments during the book and many were the result of Chelsea being bullied at school. Yet I was so proud of her for never backing down even though a few things were so extreme and uncalled for. I gave Chelsea credit in the hospital for holding her own even when Shane left.

I was so grateful for Ethan and his girlfriend Rae for being there for Chelsea during some super difficult times in the book and I loved how slowly she was able to repair some damage that she had caused in previous books.

I was happy when Shane finally realized the damage that he did and that Chelsea had truly changed. I was also super proud of his mom for doing the right thing as well.

The end made me super happy and I don’t think I ever want this series to end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment