Thursday, August 20, 2020

My review of Revolution by Dr. Rebecca Sharp

 Kacey Snyder is a race car driver and struggles to make it in a man's world dealing with prejudice. When an altercation with Joey Puglisi results in her getting a one year suspension she wonders about her future. Renner Voigt wants someone to race in Indy for him and believes that Kacey could be the one for him.

Garrett Gallagher is a mechanic for Renner and wants to stay away from the racing world due to events from his past. Yet when Renner drags him back in he vows to build the best car he can for Kacey and also do what he can for the money.

Sparks fly between Kacey and Garrett but their is also a huge amount of animosity between them and Garrett hates Kacey for reasons she doesn't know.  Can Kacey find a way to mend Garrett's broken heart or will he find her too much of a distraction from what is most important?

This is another great book by the author and I love every time she comes out with a new book!! 

I loved Kacey and how she had to fight extra hard but was judged even more for succeeding in a man's world yet she was also treated differently. I was shocked at what happened to her after her altercation with Joey and I was super mad on her behalf. I loved her dedication and the fact that she never gave up.

Garrett was super interesting as he had his own past filled with some tragic events that he blamed himself for and therefore took responsibility for Claire. I loved how amazing he was with her but my heart also broke a little with how much he sacrificed for her and what he felt like he deserved. 

There was so much animosity and sparks between Garrett and Kacey that sometimes you felt like you were in the middle of an intense tennis game. I definitely loved them together and every time they would get closer I would do a happy dance only to see everything fall apart. 

I loved the build up to the race and I wasn't surprised on what went down right before the race but I was surprised at what Garrett was willing to do for Kacey after their latest split. 

The very end was super awesome and I was truly so happy where Kacey ended up and how she got her happy ever after with Garrett!! 

4.5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment