Wednesday, April 25, 2018

My review of Sergio by Natasha Knight

Sergio Benedetti is the next in line to take over for his father, Franco, as the head of his mafia family. Sergio knows how dangerous his line of work is and deep down he knows that everything can change in an instant.

Natalie Gregorian was 14 when she was first saved by Sergio in a robbery where a man attempted to rape her. Then years later she finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time when she hears Sergio dealing with an unfortunate situation.

But Sergio decides to spares Natalie's life and soon he finds himself not being able to stay away from her, regardless that it now puts her life in danger. Can Sergio save Natalie from the life he was born into before it's too late?

I struggled with how many stars to give the book as I hated the ending but I really enjoyed the rest of the book.

Sergio was dark but it was completely understandable with how he grew up and how his family was. He was so protective of Natalie from the moment he saw her again and I loved how he did the little things - like making the house more secure. He cared so much about Natalie but knew something was off and was expecting the worst to come.

I liked Natalie and loved how she was torn between how much she cared about Sergio and a life she wanted nothing to do with. She knew how dangerous Sergio and his family were but she had a hard time staying away. There were times when you thought Natalie may be able to break free but she was still so torn with other things that happened.

There was so much love between the two of them and I was definitely scared a few times towards the end of the book with some of the twists. I still believe that there is someone within the family that has betrayed Sergio's family. 

The ending completely broke my heart and this is the first book I have read in this series so I know I have to go back and read the other two!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment