Monday, April 30, 2018

My review of Maniac Monday by Piper Rayne

Victoria Clarke is a single mom with a seven year old daughter named Jade. She recently divorced Pete and moved to help out her mom who suffers from MS. She has sworn off all men but particularly lawyers!

Reed Warner was the best man in Victoria's wedding to Pete and a lawyer. Victoria is shocked to see him at school drop off and isn't too sure if he will remember her or not but he has never forgotten her.

Soon Reed is trying to break down Victoria's walls and wants to earn her trust so she will give him a chance and judge him based on his own merits and not her ex-husband. But when Victoria's past comes back will she be able to figure out what she needs or wants?

I really liked this story and I thought Victoria was completely awesome! I loved that she focused on what was most important in her life - her, her mom and of course Jade. She got out of a toxic relationship and started a new life and job with great people around her.

I was definitely curious to learn more about Reed as it started off so mysteriously. He was such an amazing character who really gave back instead of focusing on the money. I liked him right from the beginning and I liked how he was showing Victoria that he was a great guy.

There was some definite tension in certain parts and a few characters that I did not care for - Darcie and Pete! That being said they were written so well!!

The ending had me worried but I crossed my fingers that Reed would do the right thing!!

Such a great story and I look forward to more in this series!!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment