Monday, April 9, 2018

My review of Everglades by Petie McCarty

Kayli Heddon is a photographer and photo journalist who has a chance of going into the Everglades to take a bunch of pictures to promote the restoration of the area to help Governor Drake with his plans for the area. Along for the ride is Clay Jameson the Deputy Chief of Staff to Governor Drake, who went on a couple of dates with Kayli and sees their relationship much differently than Kayli does.

Skye Landers is stuck driving one of the airboats as a favor to his cousin Jimmy. He is a Seminole and knows the area extremely well and can bring Kayli to areas to get good pictures.

But the tension between Kayli and Skye is through the roof and the two have almost a "hate" relationship. Yet gradually the two begin to thaw their relationship and soon they are dealing with more than they bargained for when drug dealers end up on the same island as them. 

I enjoyed this book but initially I was kind of wondering where the book was headed with Kayli and Clay as I wondered why he was really there but he added some extra drama into the book. I found a little distracted by Clay's personal agendas but that was just my own personal opinion. 

I liked Kayli and was frustrated for her about Clay for sure. It was interesting to watch her relationship with Skye and see how it all went but I knew there was definitely more to it than what was presented. There was almost two sides to Kayli where she wanted to prove herself but at the same time at times she did not seem as tough as what she wanted to portray. 

I knew there was more to Skye than what we were presented with and I was curious to learn more about him as the book went on. I was definitely pleasantly surprised but he seemed to have his own insecurities which did kind of surprise me. 

There were lots of twists and turns with dealing with the drugs and I was surprised at some of the things that were revealed. There were definitely some things that were difficult to explain but they did fit well with the book but they took me by surprise for sure.

The ending was good! 

3.5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment