Thursday, April 1, 2021

My review of Savage Beast by Kristen Luciani

 Marchella Amante always had a crush on one of her brother Frankie's best friends, Roman, but when the relationship between the two families falls apart, the Amante's are forced to leave Sicily and now 10 years later are barely hanging on. 

Roman Villani's family is powerful and when his older brother Matteo heads for Las Vegas, it is Roman left running Manhattan. Yet all is not well as Roman discovers that someone has betrayed him and he needs to get everything back before Matteo finds out.

When Roman discovers who stole from him he decides to take Marchella until everything is returned to him. But will having Chella under his roof make Roman stronger or weaker as he has always had feelings for her? Will Chella discover the truth behind different things that she believes has happened? Will she ever forgive Roman?

This is another great book in the series! 

I really liked Chella but I almost found she was too gullible when it came to her brother. I knew her brother had done something wrong in a big way before we knew what it was but she gave him the benefit of the doubt. She lots so much because of her name and I really felt bad for her as she was an innocent victim. 

Now Roman wasn't very innocent at all but we know what he's got going on due to being in a Mafia family. I liked that he knew he was still attracted to Chella after all this time but he also had a business to run and that was his first priority. He really wanted to prove himself but by doing so landed in a whole heap of trouble.

I loved the chemistry and banter between Chella and Roman from when they hated each other but struggled with their attraction to each other and the fact that they both wanted the other one 10 years ago. Roman really was trying to do what he could do to keep Chella safe as he knew who Frankie had gotten involved with.

The huge fight between Chella and Roman ended up way bigger than I could have imagined after so many other people got involved. I was shocked at what all went down but I was glad that Dante and Roman got there for Chella even though they possibly made a new enemy. 

The end in Vegas made me so happy although I am super curious to see what's in store for Dante next! 

4 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment