Friday, October 30, 2020

My review of Devious by J.M. Stoneback

Roselyn Bartoli's father, Lex, has arranged for her to marry a man called Atrocious, but when her father goes and steals from his boss, Cayden "Devious" Vitali. Now Cayden has given Roselyn a choice - marry him or watch her father die.

Will Roselyn be able to see another side of Devious and learn to love him or is she destined for a loveless marriage like her parents had?

This was a good book and I really enjoyed it from start to finish.

I did feel bad for Roselyn for having her life arranged for her but I was a tiny bit confused on why she was so opposed initially to a marriage with Devious when she was already in an arranged marriage with Atrocious.

I really liked Devious as you could tell right from the beginning that there were two sides to him. There was the business side that was cold and calculated and then there was anything to do with Roselyn which showed his true weakness as he really did love her and want her for a long time.

Devious knew someone in his organization was working with his enemies Cashel and Celeste and it was tearing him apart as he tried to find the person. This definitely put some extra stress on his marriage and I knew that Roselyn was trying not to stress him out with things that she was going through with her own family, specifically her grandpa.

The shock in the book was huge and I hated how Roselyn was partly to blame. I hated what happened to Roselyn and how guilty she felt but I was so happy that Devious was able to get there on time.

I was super shocked when Roselyn's grandpa revealed something to her about her family and how mad she was at Devious for not telling her. I felt super bad for Lex when he reveals why things happened.

The end was great and I loved the way things turned out!!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment