Sunday, December 4, 2016

Shrimp Spaghetti Carbonara

I really had high hopes for this one! Neither of my kids are huge shrimp lovers and I thought that maybe if I made something so good and that included bacon that I'd be able to convince them.

Unfortunately it didn't really work out that way. The pasta was good but I found that the shrimp really didn't absorb the flavour of the bacon grease and therefore tasted too shrimpy. The kids were not sold on it. I think I would have preferred cooking it in lemon butter or something that would have just changed the flavour a little more to convince them.

I didn't mind the pasta and found it was relatively easy to make. I think I should have used a more finely grated Parmesan cheese as mine had some pretty large pieces which definitely made it harder to stir up.

I think if I made it again I would make the small changes but overall it was good but definitely not as good as the last Carbonara that I made.

You can find the recipe here: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a48682/shrimp-spaghetti-carbonara-recipe/?mag=del&list=nl_dnl_news&src=nl&date=081416



No comments:

Post a Comment