Sunday, October 16, 2016

Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad

I absolutely love salads as I may have mentioned before but my daughter is really not a fan but that doesn't stop me from making them and trying to get her to eat them. Tonight was going to be a battle so I gave her some before I mixed it with the dressing which turned out to be another ordeal.

Anyhow, I love beans and corn in salad and get excited when I know I am making something delicious. I love this website that I got the recipe from and Sally has some absolutely amazing baking recipes that have me drooling over the pictures!

Now tonight I played with her original recipe due to not eating honey and just not liking several other ingredients.

For the dressing I used 1 tsp of molasses in substitution of the 2 tsps of honey as I am not eating honey. I didn't feel like I was lacking any sweetness, probably because my body isn't consuming it anymore. I also skipped the jalapenos as I just don't want spice these days.

For the salad iteslef I skipped the tomatoes as my son and I don't like them and the red onion and cilantro. I think the salad could have used a bit of onion but I wasn't willing to use yellow (which I had on hand) so I skipped it.

I thought the salad was awesome and can't wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow!

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2016/07/01/southwestern-chopped-chicken-salad/

No comments:

Post a Comment