Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Darkness by Elizabeth Knox and Brynn Burke

Darkness (Darkest Nightmares #1) with Brynn Burke
Blurb:
Jett

For generations, I have been the being who lurks in the dark. The one that feeds on the screams of pain and fear, cold sweats and the nightmares in which I cause. I am the monster you warned your children about.

No one can escape my clutches, no matter how hard they try; I show them who they truly are deep down. 

Centuries ago, I was possessed by a creature of whom I had no name for. I was nothing but your average human, a man who was fighting for his king and slaying many monsters in his name. The next thing I knew, I became that monstrosity that I tried to eliminate every day of my life. In the matter of hours, everything had changed drastically. I was used to fighting the dark and suddenly the dark became part of me.

There is no reasoning for what I have become. I embrace it - embrace the hideousness of my appearance because no one is as grotesque as I. 

I am bitter. I don’t want to be the man who surrounds myself in a cloak of shadows, of serpents and arachnids, of smoke and ghouls. I want to return to the glory days. If only it was that simple.

Haven

Throughout my entire life I have felt out of place, that is until one day I discovered a place where I didn’t feel like the outcast that others made me out to be. I didn’t feel ugly, sinister, or even dark compared to those who I surrounded myself with.

I was a human, or so I thought. 

I didn’t know that only supernaturals could gain entry into Sanctuary, not until I walked through those doors and began speaking to the others. It’s name is exactly what it is - a Sanctuary for all supernaturals and paranormals regardless of beliefs. It was the one place we could all go to that wouldn’t result in bloodshed, agony or pain.

I have been here for years, becoming friends with the owner of this place and ultimately landing myself a job as a barmaid and having a warm place to rest my head. Still, I do not know what I am. I have talked to the others and they have told me stories of paranormals with great powers who have to wait to discover their abilities.

It seems I am one of these rare and far between. I only wish that things were simple, but I know better. Nothing was ever simple in this life.
Add to TBRhttps://goo.gl/eeVC6M
One Click Herehttps://goo.gl/cY3bPY


No comments:

Post a Comment