Sunday, April 2, 2023

Sunday dinner with French Onion Pot Roast, Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Pretzel Bread

 I love the Sunday's when I am home to cook and ready to make something good and different than what we normally have! 

To a certain extent I am still trying to find the perfect pot roast to get the kids excited and I keep trying. The problem is that for the most part I am the only one who seems to eat leftovers so there is a bit of a struggle to get everything finished. 

I had been craving French Onion Soup for a bit so I decided to try it with a pot roast instead for something completely different. I cooked everything in the slow cooker on low so it was cooking all day and nicely smelling up the house! The roast had lots of flavor and I loved the baguettes with the gruyere cheese! So good!!

These potatoes were absolutely awesome and cheesy!!! I hadn't had scalloped potatoes in so many years so these were a blast from the past. This recipe is definitely not for anyone on a diet and they are worth every single bite! I followed the recipe as directed and it was just so good. Of course it was a little time consuming with peeling all of the potatoes but I had Mik do it so it was worth it! 

Then we had the bread machine going to make a pretzel dough. This was the first time I have made something like this and it will not be the last. This bread was so awesome and I really loved how it turned out. Braiding it was so much fun and I was so happy to see how good it looked. 

You can find the recipes here: 

French Onion Pot Roast: https://dinnerthendessert.com/french-onion-pot-roast/

Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes: https://thefoodcharlatan.com/cheesy-scalloped-potatoes-recipe/

Pretzel Bread: https://likeabubblingbrook.com/pretzel-bread-recipe-easy-bread-machine-dough/






No comments:

Post a Comment