Sunday, December 26, 2021

Nanaimo Bar Rice Krispy Treats

 One of my favorite treats of the Christmas holidays is Nanaimo Bars. I have no idea why I don't make them more but for some reason it generally only seems to be in the holiday season.

I saw this recipe and right away knew that I needed to give it a try! I was shocked that the creator had never had a real before but they are very well known in Canada but I'm not sure how known in the US.

I couldn't find chocolate rice krispies so I headed to amazon and ordered their brand so I had to wait a couple of days before making them. I love amazon! 

When you put the krispies into the 9x9 pan it uses up a large amount of the space. I don't know if I would use the same size pan next time. The other problem I had personally was that there wasn't enough of the middle layer. It was a bit difficult to spread so I found some areas seemed to have lots and other areas not too much. That is by far my most favorite part and I wanted more! 

These were such an awesome treat and I would definitely make more!

You can find the recipe here: http://mallowandco.blogspot.com/2013/03/nanaimo-bar-rice-krispy-treats.html



No comments:

Post a Comment