Tuesday, December 7, 2021

My review of My Bad Decisions by Carrie Ann Ryan

 Natalie Blake grew up in a very rich environment but when she chose to go to Denver State University she soon learned about real friendships. She also saw herself growing further from her parents as what they wanted for her was nothing like what she wanted for herself. 

Tanner Hagen grew up with a single mom and brother after his father was killed overseas. He has a job at night which he keeps from his friends in order to make sure his bills are paid and to send some home to his mom. Although he loves his mom he is not a fan of her boyfriend, Jared, who puts him down constantly.

There has always been a lot of attraction between Natalie and Tanner but both have been afraid for their own reasons to act upon it until Natalie sees Tanner working one night.

When one night together takes an unexpected turn can the two of them figure out a way to overcome everything against them to find their own happiness and way?

This is another great book with some great characters.

I really liked Natalie and how she became her own person in this book and realized she wanted her own life which was very different from how she grew up. She wanted to help people and not be a "trophy" wife for someone her mom wanted her to marry.

Tanner was awesome as he was someone who was doing everything he could to better himself while still helping his mom. My heart broke for him with Jared and I knew he wanted to get his mom and brother, Cody, out of there but knew ultimately that it was his mom's choice.

The chemistry between Tanner and Natalie was awesome! Although I do think Natalie should have been honest with him about their hook up as I'm sure Tanner would have gone about things much differently.

I hated how down Tanner was on himself because of his background and viewed himself as less of a person. Although meeting Natalie's parents did not help at all. Psycho!!! i liked how Natalie saw above everything and was going to do the right thing while managing to put it in a way that Tanner was okay with and didn't think less of himself. 

I was absolutely shocked at Jared and how he showed up at dinner and the things that were said. My heart just broke for Tanner and everything he was put through when he was truly doing the right thing. 

I was so happy when one character changed their tune and began to do the right thing! Made me very happy!

The very end was a little dicey there for a bit but I was very happy how it all turned out! Can't wait for more!! 

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment