Sunday, December 19, 2021

The Best Classic Canadian Butter Tarts

 Butter Tarts is another recipe that I grew up on every holiday. They are so easy to make and a staple for most Canadians. I have no idea why we really don't make them all year but it seems to be only around Christmas that we make them! 

We have made them with and without raisins but when I meant to make them I didn't have any raisins at home so we put chocolate chips into some of them. Bren isn't a huge chocolate fan so we made some without chocolate for him but he loved them so much that he did get into the chocolate ones as well. 

These are so easy to make but I did cheat and use mini pie shells as I wanted to use them up. I think I truly need to make these more often as I love them even though they are a little high in calories!!

As mentioned above we threw some chocolate chips in the bottom but next time I would use mini chocolate chips so that they melt a little more. I found the temperature/cook time a bit off with having used the pie shells compared the the homemade pastry.

Next time I make them I will definitely give the pastry a try as they look absolutely delicious!!

You can find the recipe here: https://www.rockrecipes.com/best-classic-canadian-butter-tarts/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment