Thursday, June 10, 2021

My review of The Perfect Catch by Meghan Quinn

 Walker Rockwell is probably the most hated man in baseball and lately the catcher for the Bobbies seems to be struggling with his hitting which is landing him on the possible trading block. Now he must improve his image or be prepared to hit the road.

Kate Chapman has just got a job with the Bobbies in their community section and has been give the task of improving Walker's attitude. Unfortunately she soon realizes how difficult of a task it is going to be when she realizes he no longer loves the game.

With a strict policy in place for players and personnel can Kate and Walker handle their attraction to one another as they spend more and more time together? 

When secrets are exposed will Kate and Walker be able to handle the fall?

OMG!!! This book was so incredibly good and I seriously didn't want it to end - ever!!!

Walker was one of those characters who are deemed the "bad guy" but you know right away he is keeping his cards close as he is closing everyone off from his emotions and everything that he has gone through in the past. If Walker doesn't let anyone in then he doesn't risk losing them either. He was a little cocky but that was another way to keep his walls in place and I think he had gone through so much that he just hated how he was deemed the bad guy yet his teammate, Penn Cutler, was constantly showing up to the field hungover and nothing happened to him.

Kate was awesome although a little naïve in what she thought she could accomplish with Walker. Her friendship with Dan was interesting as it felt like he was interested in her but she only viewed him as a friend. Kate had gone through her own loss in the past and it really made her chase after her own dreams.

The chemistry between Kate and Walker was through the roof and OMG!!!! The dirty talk between these two made me turn up the fan to the highest level to cool down!! The two walked a super fine line as they both knew what they wanted but also knew that they each risked their jobs if they were to act on it.

When I heard Walker's story I completely understood why he hated Penn so much. Yet I still felt like there was something missing with the communication between him and Penn. 

I felt bad for both Walker and Kate when they knew that their jobs were most important and how much it impacted both of them. I wasn't surprised when Walker told Roark what was going on and I loved what Roark eventually did.

My heart did break for Walker when he put something huge together and how that changes everything for him and what he wanted Roark to do for him. I completely understood and knew why he felt betrayed. 

I was a little worried towards the end with what was going on and must admit that I was freaking. I was shocked with a major apology that came and the peace that came with it! The very end made me do a huge happy dance and I was sooo happy with how everything ended up! 

I'm hoping we get a closer look at Penn or Ryot next!! 

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment