Thursday, June 24, 2021

My review of Thumper by Marie James

 Javier "Thumper" Nolasco is a former member of the Cerberus MC until he betrayed them when it was revealed that he was actually a sex trafficker. Yet not everything is as it seems but Javier knows he has a job to do.

Cara Gibson left home at 17 to escape from the cult that her mom was in where she was going to be forced to get married on her 18th birthday. She managed to get her life in order when she was grabbed walking home from work one night and taken to be sold into sex trafficking.

Can Javier keep everything together while trying to do his job and can he hide his attraction to Cara and try and prove to her that he's not the monster he seems to be?

I was super curious when I learned that the author was writing a book about Thumper after everything that had happened so I knew something big was going to be revealed and I wasn't disappointed! 

At the beginning of the book I was completely shocked at Javier's actions until things began to be revealed and everything made sense. Then I was 100% on board and ready for him to get to action. 

I also knew that something was up with Angel and was waiting to find the link and I wondered which one of the men was going to break first. 

I really liked Cara and felt awful how she seemed to escape one difficult life and then get thrown into a new problem. I admired her for trying to keep it together as best as she could but I could see that Javier was gradually wearing down her defenses. 

There was a certain OMG moment where everything went sideways and I was freaking out as this wasn't supposed to happen and I was definitely worried about Javier. 

I was proud of Lauren for doing what she needed to in order to help Javier and I was so happy for who got involved. I was happy when more of the truth began to come out and Javier needed to really think about what he wanted. I knew Cara would definitely follow her heart but it wasn't going to be easy for her either. 

I was so happy with what happened with April but at the very end my jaw definitely hit the ground! 

I can't wait to see what's next! 

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment