Monday, June 28, 2021

My review of My Lucky 13 by Piper Rayne

 Aiden Drake has always been known as Lucky and has never believed in superstitions until he got in a slump and is now on the trading block for the Florida Fury. Yet everything changes when his agent's girlfriend throws wine in his face on New Year's Eve and now Aiden is convinced that's what is going to turn his season around.

Saige Fowler is not into watching sports but as someone who's business revolves around social media and sports stars, she knows enough. She is shocked when Aiden comes asking for her help and in turn will allow her to use him as a client.

Yet the chemistry between Aiden and Saige is intense but with her dating his agent, he knows he can't cross the line. How far is Aiden willing to go to bring his good luck charm with him?

This was such a great book filled with so many laughs and so many other moments that just kept you hooked on the book and not wanting to put it down.

I thought Aiden was a great character who had never believed in superstition until he got in a mental game with himself that he was struggling to break out of it. When the wine landed in his face and then he scored something changed in him and he believed he could score again but he needed Saige to help him. I really loved his protective nature and you saw that mixed with some jealousy over Saige but at the forefront was his family. 

Saige had been burned in the past by an athlete and therefore was not prepared to go down that path again no matter how much she wanted Aiden. It felt like she hid behind her relationship with Aiden's agent, Joran. She was really attracted to Aiden but constantly compared him to Jeremy, her ex.

I really hated Aiden's owner of the team and the stuff that he was requiring Aiden to do at a certain point. I was mad as well that Joran got involved and everything just broke my heart and I was so mad at Aiden for giving in. 

After the incident with Jake I was so happy that Aiden got his head on straight and the whole incident at the game was awesome and I was so jealous!!!! My heart probably grew about 5 times normal! 

I'm glad Aiden talked to the psychologist at the end and I can't wait to see what happens with Maksim! 

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment