Tuesday, June 8, 2021

My review of My Rebound by Carrie Ann Ryan

 Mackenzie Thomas is moving in with Nessa, Natalie and Elise after her break up with Paul Sanders after she caught him cheating on her. Now she is determined to focus on school and getting the internship she wants. Yet at the same time she is earning for a quick rebound and when she mentions it in front of the sexy British former roommate of Sanders he is all for it. 

Pacey Ziglar has no problem being Mackenzie's rebound as he can't believe Sanders did something stupid enough to let her go. Yet everything in Pacey's life is not going as well as he lets on and when his parents announce they are getting a divorce it throws him.

As Mackenzie and Pacey both struggle with the challenges they are facing will they let each other in or will their supposed "rebound" be too much?

This was such a great book with some great highs and some pretty sad lows. 

I thought Mackenzie was a great character and unfortunately I never read the first book so I know something big happened that I missed and I will definitely going back to read it. Mackenzie was determined to move in with her life after her jerk ex Sanders who she had completely planned her life around. They had been together for so long and she deserved so much better than him. I knew that when she mentioned the rebound things were going to get good! I felt awful for everything that happened to Mackenzie at school and I am so glad that Karma came back!

Pacey was someone who had no allegiance to his former roommate after how he treated Mackenzie and I'm sure the accent helped! Pacey was someone that starts off with no worries but gradually you see how one thing seemed to uproot everything and everything snowballed from there. He went through so much as a child and I know personally how that can destroy a marriage. Yet Pacey didn't want anyone else to know what he was going through and I did feel bad for him as he didn't want to burden anyone and it almost cost him everything.

There was so much chemistry between Pacey and Mackenzie and of course you can figure out this is not going to be a simple rebound. Yet there were also unknowingly others involved and that came into play. 

There were a few key moments that made you question how both characters were going to react and they definitely did hit some huge bumps! I was absolutely shocked at the end buy what happened and I was not expecting that at all!!

The very end made me happy and I can't wait to see what's next with Miles and Nessa! 

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment