Thursday, June 10, 2021

My review of Hunter by Anna Brooks

 Hunter Ryder is chasing his sister Molly's cow, Celine, when he finds a car crashed in the ditch. Little does he know how fast the stranger is going to find a way into his heart and his life.

Summer Paige knows she's lost when she tries to avoid the cow in the middle of the road and ends up crashing her car. She has left her hometown and is ready to follow her mom out to her aunt's place in hopes of starting over. 

The chemistry between Hunter and Summer is intense but Hunter knows he has to be careful not to scare Summer off. Yet both Hunter and Summer have been betrayed in the past by those they love and can they get over the past and trust in the future?

This was such a good book and I was really excited to learn more about the brothers after Molly's book! 

Hunter was an alpha make for sure but he was also extremely caring and wanted to make sure Summer was well cared for. He treated her so well and almost instantly he knew that she was someone that he wanted in his life for as long as possible. That being said Hunter had never really gotten over what happened with his mom and he held onto that hurt which impacted how he felt about relationships. 

Summer was someone we got to know more and more as the book went on and I definitely was not expecting everything that had happened to her. She didn't have much at all to her name and really didn't like handouts but she was very grateful for everything that the Ryder family did for her. I was so proud of her for getting a job and really trying to do what she could to get enough money to get to her aunt's place and help contribute.

The relationship between Hunter and Summer was intense right from the beginning as even though nothing was happening initially physically, the two slowly developed into a comfortable friendship and level of trust. I loved how Summer was embraced by Hunter's family and it made her feel comfortable and safe. 

I thought Paris was an evil and jealous woman who was going to do whatever she could to cause Hunter and Summer trouble. 

I felt bad for Summer when her past was revealed but I liked how honest she was with Hunter about everything. I hated how guilty she felt when Hunter was defending her and I really hated the decision that she made because she hated causing problems. 

My heart broke when Summer went to her aunt's and saw the condition that her mom was in and where her aunt worked. I also hated how Hunter dealt with things and who showed up.

The end made me happy and I was glad that everyone was able to figure out everything and realize how important love was.

Can't wait to see what's next!! 

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment