Tuesday, June 8, 2021

My review of Back to Us by JH Croix

 Nora is a pilot working for her brother Flynn in Alaska. She is content to work for him although she currently hates her former friends-with-benefits co-worker Gabriel.

Gabriel was a pilot with Flynn in the Air Force when he came to Alaska. He has wanted Flynn's little sister for a long time but was afraid to go further and wreck his friendship with Flynn.

After four months of Nora ignoring Gabriel he has finally managed to get her alone when her tire blows on her plane but will Nora be willing to forgive Gabriel when he decides he is now ready for commitment?

This is another great book in the series and I really hope we never run out of characters!!

I totally understood why Nora was so mad at Gabriel as he pretty much blew her off when she was looking for a commitment and he decided he wasn't ready for one. I loved that Nora was a pilot who was determined not to be "rescued" but unfortunately didn't really have a chance. 

Gabriel knew he messed up in a big way and now had to figure out a way to get Nora to trust him again which was not going to be easy. I did get why he was really reluctant to get involved with Nora and possibly hurt his friendship with Flynn but he never talked to Flynn so that mistake was on him. 

There was so much chemistry between Gabriel and Nora because of their past and also because neither was over the other, no matter how much either of them tried. As Gabriel tried to get through to Nora she either pushed back or just couldn't figure out what she wanted. 

One character I really wasn't happy with was Gabriel's mom. I get why he was reluctant to stop with her but at the same time I really feel like she was taking advantage of him and he had no idea where anything went. I wish he would have helped her in a different way somehow.

The hesitancy to open up ended up backfiring huge but only in an emergency did the characters really decide what was most important to them and how they were going to move forward. 

The end made me so happy and I was glad to see how everyone got their happy ending!! 

I can't wait to see what's next!

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment