Tuesday, February 23, 2021

My review of Truth Be Told by Marie James

 Ignacio Torres is a translator for Blackbridge Security and when his grandfather has a stroke he returns to his hometown to tie up loose ends.

Yet he is shocked when he sees his high school girlfriend, Tinley Holland, in town and by the looks of it with a secret she's been hiding from him all these years.

Will Tinley tell Ignacio the truth and can Tinley find a way to make amends for her mistakes with more than just Ignacio?

This is another awesome book in the series and I was super excited to get my hands on it!

I really liked Ignacio from the previous books but you could tell he was a little cold and as the book goes on we learn more about his past and why he turned out as he had. Although he broke Tinley's heart in high school that was nothing compared to what he learns upon returning to town.

Tinley had told a really big lie and when everyone discovers the truth there was a lot of backlash which was expected. I really understood why Alex was so upset and things were so dire at home and they could have been better. I don't think Tinley really knew the extent of trouble that Alex was in and it was heartbreaking as she was doing everything she could to make ends meet and help her mom out.

Meeting Tinley's brother was a shock and he was awful. He was so cruel and wanted money and didn't care about anything else. 

Ignacio was so much more than what Tinley gave him credit for and he was doing so much for her and she just didn't really seem grateful at all. Towards the end she was pouting when Ignacio had given her a huge choice and gift but she chose not even to look at it. That made me so mad!! I understood why Ignacio was so  frustrated with Tinley but he also had a job that he was required to go to.

The end had me super sad with what happened to Alex and how he really wanted to get things together but couldn't at home. I was laughing so hard when I saw realized who the Uber driver was!! 

I was so happy at the end when Tinley finally faced up to how she felt and admitted it to Ignacio!!

Love this series!! 

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment